Thank you for your interest in recruiting University of Wisconsin-Madison talent! Below are some best-practices for posting positions to University of Wisconsin-Madison via Handshake:
Positions are more likely to be accepted if they meet the following criteria. The position should:
- Require a student to be either pursuing or have completed at least a Bachelor’s level degree.
- Directly relate to at least one of the academic programs/majors offered at UW-Madison.
- Include a description of job responsibilities and qualifications needed from candidates.
- Include the location of the position.
- The posting details correspond with the details selected during the creation of the job posting under the Graduation Date Range and Major Categories
- Job postings should be posted for a minimum of 2 days and should not exceed a full academic year. If you have an ongoing recruitment pool process, we encourage you to post in closer alignment with academic semesters.
Additional considerations for:
Internship and Cooperative Education positions:
- UW-Madison approves both internship and cooperative education positions.
- Unpaid internship positions must have clearly defined explanations of the work being performed in the roles, must comply with current Department of Labor regulations as well as NACE guidelines.
- Uncompensated internships at for-profit employers will not be approved.
- Unpaid cooperative education positions will not be approved.
- Eligibility for academic credit associated with an internship or co-op is determined by UW-Madison career services units.
- Part-time jobs that do not fit the category of internship or cooperative education may be approved on a limited basis.
- Special attention should be used when posting these positions to ensure that they meet the requirements outlined above for all positions.
Postings submitted by 3rd-party firms:
- Posting must disclose employing organization to candidates. At minimum, if bound by contract, employing organization must be disclosed to UW-Madison career services.
Other great resources for filling positions that may not qualify for UW-Madison approval:
- Other University of Wisconsin system schools offer degree programs and levels that UW-Madison does not (ex. Associate Degree in Hospitality). We encourage you to learn more about our other system schools at https://www.wisconsin.edu/campuses/, most of which are also a part of the Handshake network
- Job Center of Wisconsin: https://jobcenterofwisconsin.com