Connect to career events, jobs, internships, and even on-campus interviews with Handshake!
- Personalized job and internship recommendations.
- Over 300K employers eager to connect with you!
- An easy way to explore and register for campus career events.
- Mobile friendly and easy to use.
Handshake helps more employers efficiently connect with UW-Madison students for job, internship and event opportunities.
- With just a few clicks, post your jobs across hundreds of schools – for free.
- Schedule on-campus interviews, register for career fairs, set up info sessions.
- Update your job postings, view applicants, and more on the go with Handshake’s responsive and easy-to-use design.
Handshake has replaced BuckyNet and myECS as UW-Madison’s main tool to help students connect to career events, jobs, internships, and more.
- Ability for employers to post jobs to UW–Madison and more than 500 schools from one dashboard – for free.
- Personalized job recommendations based on a student’s major, interests and more.
- Advanced, streamlined event management capabilities.
- Alumni have access too – contact your school or college for more information.
See the section below for an example of how to list Handshake information on your career center website. Remember to include:
- The Handshake logo
- Links to Handshake help resources
Don’t Forget to Audit for BuckyNet/myECS!
Type “BuckyNet/myECS” into your school/college and career center search box and update any pages that still reference the old systems.
CONNECT TO CAREER EVENTS, JOBS, & INTERNSHIPS
Handshake makes it easy for every UW-Madison student to explore career events, connect to jobs and internships, and even schedule on-campus interviews.
With Handshake you can:
- Browse and register for career events on campus
- Explore thousands of jobs and internships from over 300K employers nationwide
- Get personalized job recommendations based on your major, interests, and more
- Manage your own campus interviews with top employers
We’ve preloaded your profile to get you started. Please note that your profile’s default setting is set to “hidden.” Employers, alumni, and students won’t be able to see anything until you choose to unhide it.
See the Help Resources below, or contact your school or college career center or the Career Exploration Center.
Join UW on Handshake!
- Visit https://wisc.joinhandshake.com.
- Activate your account by clicking the blue button or entering your wisc.edu email address.
- Complete your profile and start exploring!
Promote Handshake in your school/college and career center emails. We’ve uploaded a sample email to help you get started.
- Incorporate a message about Handshake in your Welcome emails
- Share in your student e-newsletter
- Add a note in the footer in all you career event promo emails