Career Services at UW-Madison are organized and delivered by schools and provide comprehensive career services including career advising and workshops, job postings, career fairs, on-campus interviews, and more.
Additional On-Campus Career Resources
Contact your academic department for other specific career resources.
Looking for a short-term or part-time position? Visit the Student Job Center.
Connect to established UW alumni for professional advice, support, and opportunities.
- November 25
- November 25
- November 27Job Search Support GroupFor unemployed professionals in the community10:00 AM, varies; look for signs in building lobby, 21 N. Park St.
- December 2
CONNECT TO CAREER EVENTS, JOBS, & INTERNSHIPS
Handshake makes it easy for every UW-Madison student to explore career events, connect to jobs and internships, and even schedule on-campus interviews.
With Handshake you can:
- Browse and register for career events on campus
- Explore thousands of jobs and internships from over 300K employers nationwide
- Get personalized job recommendations based on your major, interests, and more
- Manage your own campus interviews with top employers
We’ve preloaded your profile to get you started. Please note that your profile’s default setting is set to “hidden.” Employers, alumni, and students won’t be able to see anything until you choose to unhide it.
See the Help Resources below, or contact your school or college career center or the Career Exploration Center.
Join UW on Handshake!
- Go to MyUW
- Add the Handshake app to your homepage
- Launch to the app
- Check the box to choose if your profile will be set to public or private. We recommend keeping it set to private until you fill out your profile and/or check in with a career center advisor.
- Fill out the interest survey and start exploring!